Overview list of printed journals subscribed by NKUA
- Various information (i.e.titles of journals, years of subscription, volumes and issues) is offered for NKUA subscriptions mainly for printed but for electronic journals as well. For any journals known to be available electronically, a URL is also provided.
- Users can search the catalog further for journal titles by selecting "Home" (top left hand corner) and then the "Journal Search" tab. At the search field provided, users can enter search terms and then press "Search" Search reseults may be better by using lower case letters and by avoiding accented letters. The use of an asterisk (*) is suggested to be used as a wildcard symbol that widens the search. For instance, if you search the term librar* you will acquire variations of the term such as library, libraries, librarian etc.
NKUA provides through HEAL-Link, online access to approximately 10.000 journal titles, covering a broad range of disciplines. Heal-Link provides:
- List of electronic journals subscribed by Heal-Link: Heal-Link offers access to the electronic journals with active subscriptions
- Nature journal: Access to this journal title is given through Heal-Link for the years 1869 - 2006 and 2015 - today.
- Publishers and Heal-Link services: Heal-Link provides a list with the publishers un-der contract (a link is available for browsing articles or journal titles in each publish-er’s database).
HEAL-Link unified search engine: Users can browse material simultaneously in specific databases of Heal –Link(i.e. online journals, e-books and publishers).
Alphabetical (Α-Ζ type) browse and search service on title level of e-resources (books and journals) via the Summon platform. Search is performed within all journals and books included in bibliographic databases, collections or individually, that have been denoted as e-resources in the ProQuest Summon service and are included in NKUA subscriptions, either directly or via HEAL-Link.
- Title searches can be performed by keywords included in the title, by ISSN/ISBN, by subject area, based on DOI / PubMed ID (PMID), for specific types of material or within specific electronic resources.
BrowZine service by Third Iron is an alternative way of accessing online journals accessible via respective agreements with publishers or via databases containing them. (NKUA or HEAL-Link subscriptions.) Search options include searching by subject, title or ISSN.
Browzine acts supplementary to the A-Z e-resources search via Summon, since it includes all journals reported in it.
Connect to Browzine:
Additionally, the service is offered as an application for smartphones or tablets, bearing the same features mentioned above:
- Install BrowZine application for Android, iOS or Kindle from Google Play Store, Apple App Store or Amazon App Store (if you were using the app via the open access library you must delete it and reinstall it).
- If you are connected to the NKUA network, open the app, select National and Kapodistrian University of Athens from the list of libraries provided and click continue.
- You may now use the app, searching journals by subject, title or ISSN.
This is a navigation and search service (alphabetical Α-Ζ) on e-resources on title level (books and journals) via the EBSCOhost platform, in all periodical publications and books included in bibliographic databases, in collections or individually, that either belong to EBSCO or have been designated as research resources in the EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS), and are included in NKUA subscriptions directly or via HEAL-Link.
- Search titles using keywords included in the title, subject or ISSN.